.post img { border:5px solid #d2d2d2; padding:2px; }

Tuesday 14 June 2016

From Page to Stage in 30 Days

As a teenager I acted in stage plays and I even read scripts...about 30 years ago. Have I ever written one? No!

So my heart thrashed about in my chest and my voice got squeaky and my eyeballs spun around on the weekend when I breezily agreed to adapt ABC Bunyip Saves the Big Black Boogie Swamp into a 50 minute stage show with a five week time frame. Eeek! 

Converting a five minute read into a show that lasts ten times longer will definitely challenge me. Fortunately the original book manuscript was twice as long and I have some ideas of back stories and adding a "Narrator".  Songwriting will certainly push me out on a limb. My past life as a classial ballet dancer means I understand stage directions and choreography.

Scenes are flitting in and out of my head, while I panic about creating enough material to fill 50 minutes.

Already, I've spent a day researching script writing software. There is so much to choose from. But, at the end of the day, I'll most likely make a template for Word!

The clock is ticking, so I'd best get on with my amazing project.

Till next time.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment